It can be nerve racking to ship anything overseas especially if there are precious items of comfort and love inside that can be pretty pricey to stock then ship.
Did you know? The Postal Service offers a discount on its largest Priority Mail Flat Rate box at $14.85. The price includes a $2 per box discount for military mail being sent to APO/FPO/DPO (Air/Army Post Office, Fleet Post Office, Diplomatic Post Office) destinations worldwide.
Did you know? The Postal Service created a FREE “Military Care Kit” based on the items most frequently requested by military families.
The kit contains:
- Two Priority Mail APO/FPO Flat Rate Boxes.
- Two Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Boxes.
- Priority Mail tape.
- Priority Mail address labels.
- Appropriate customs forms.To order the kit, call 800-610-8734. Guidelines for packing, addressing, and shipping items to U.S. troops can be found at usps.com/ship/apo-fpo-guidelines.htm. To order flat-rate boxes featuring the “America Supports You” logo, go to store.usps.com.
To address the package, follow the instructions below:
1. Write out the service members full name in the address
2. Include the unit and APO/FPO/DPO address with the 9-digit ZIP Code (if one is assigned). For example:
CPT JOHN DOE
UNIT 2050 BOX 4190
APO AP 96278-2050
SGT ROBERT SMITH
PSC 802 BOX 74
APO AE 09499-0074
SEAMAN JOSEPH SMITH
FPO AP 96667-3931
MSG JANE DOE
APO AA 09045-1000
3. Make sure to include a return address.